Raetihi Information Centre
Get in touch with the friendly team at the Raetihi Information Centre for any queries about Raetihi. Contact Bernice & Geoff via email: email@example.com
The information centre volunteers can help you to find the perfect accommodation & recommend numerous local adventure activities from mountain biking & jet boating to hiking & fishing. Get the low down on the best swimming holes for cooling off on sweltering summer days.
Other Useful Information about Raetihi
- In the event of an emergency dial 111 and ask for: FIRE, AMBULANCE or POLICE
- For non-urgent medical appointments visit the Raetihi Medical Centre on the corner of Seddon and Ward Streets. Phone (06) 385 4211.
- For non-urgent police matters there is an unmanned Police Station on the corner of the Raetihi – Ohakune Rd and State Highway 4. Phone (06) 385 4002. Alternatively phone (06) 385 0100 for the Ohakune Police Station.
- The area code for Raetihi is 06. If phoning a Raetihi landline from within NZ the number will start with 06 followed by a seven digit number. If phoning a landline from an international cellphone dial +64 (NZ country code) 6 (area code) plus the number (seven digits). If dialling a local number from a landline you can drop the 06 (ie; 385 0000).
- Raetihi is clean and green and we’d like to keep it that way. If passing through please use the recycling bins provided on SH49 opposite The Caltex Service Station
- If you live in Raetihi or will be staying here for an extended length of time, a kerbside rubbish collection is available early every Monday morning (except for public holidays). Put your waste into a pre-paid green Ruapehu District Council rubbish bag (can be purchased from the Four Square) and leave at your kerbside on Sunday night.
- While we pride ourselves on having safe community we recommend locking vehicles when leaving them unattended and taking valuable items with you. Please see the accommodation page for a cheap, secure place to stay.
- The InterCity bus stop is outside the Coach Caffe on Seddon Street.
- There are currently no regular bus services to Ohakune however there are two main taxi/shuttle services. Phone Matai Shuttles on 06 385 9169.
- The Four Square Supermarket on Seddon Street is open from 7.00am until 7.00pm daily. Phone (06) 385 4107.
- The Caltex Petrol Station is open from 6.00am until 8.00pm daily. Phone (06) 585 4120.
- The nearest Chemist/Pharmacy is in Ohakune and is open 9.00am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.